Update your contact preferences here
Regent Academy (also termed in the following as ‘Regent Academy’, ‘we’ and ‘our’) provides this website and web page to offer information to interested parties, submitting any information on any part of our website or web page is optional.
This document demonstrates our commitment to protect the privacy and security of your personal information. It contains information regarding how we collect and use personal data or personal information about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and all other data protection legislation currently in force.
Collection of personal information
When you use this website you may be asked for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number. You are in control of what information we collect about you. By giving us such information you will need to consent to our using it in the manner described in this policy.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will return or destroy your personal information within 20 working days of receipt of your withdrawal of consent.
Where a purchase has been made and training is provided, where there may be a requirement to hold your data to evidence the completion of studies, or for audit purposes; your data will be held, but not processed, for a minimum period of 7 years in line with our regulatory and governing body requirements.
Use of personal information
We use your data to improve the service we offer you and to try to ensure that you get the best from our website. We may use your information to process your service requests, provide access to privileged areas of the website, personalise your visit to our site and to enable us to review, develop and improve the products, services, and special offers we provide online. We may occasionally carry out market research and send you details of services and offers that we think will be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such information, please ensure you e-mail email@example.com or alternatively when we send you an e-mail, it will contain a provision to allow you to opt out of receiving any further information from us.
Disclosure of personal information
We may provide information about you to our employees and agents in order to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Regent Academy.
Direct marketing and how you can change your preference
We offer you the opportunity to receive information from our company. We may use your history to communicate information we think may interest you. To improve our picture of your interests we may link the data you give us about yourself with any data we have gathered (via cookies) about your use of the site. We try to ensure that customers do not receive duplicate communications even if we have more than one marketing consent from the same customer.
Your details may be shared within Regent Academy. You will not receive direct marketing from companies outside Regent Academy as a result of giving your details to us. If, in exceptional circumstances, we ever wanted to allow a third party to send you direct marketing, we would seek your consent before sharing your data with that third party.
We will send direct marketing by your chosen method of communication as set out on the home page of our website.
If you would like us to stop sending direct marketing to you, we offer simple ways to do this. Whenever you receive direct marketing you will be told how to unsubscribe. In any event, if you wish for us to stop sending direct marketing to you, you can contact us:
If you consented to receive marketing communications when you used the site for any reason, you can tell us that you do not wish to receive any more by completing our change preferences page here.
How do we keep your data secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
The following security procedures and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information have been put in place:
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner.
In cases where personal data is being processed by third parties, confirmation is obtained to ensure that they adhere to appropriate standards.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
How long will your personal data be kept
We will hold your personal information for the periods outlined below:
- Where a request for information is made for one of our products or services your data will be held for the duration that your enquiry is open.
- Where a purchase has been made and training is provided, your data will be held for a minimum period of 7 years in line with our regulatory and governing body requirements, where there may be a requirement to hold your data to evidence the completion of studies or for audit purposes.
- Where you have supplied your consent to receive future communications about our products that may be relevant to your enquiry or the sector of training being undertaken, we will hold your information for an indefinite period of time. Your information will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
How can you amend the data submitted by you?
If your details change, please resubmit them on the site and our records will reflect your new details. If you consented to receive marketing communications when you visited our website you can change your personal details at any time by completing our change preferences page here.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold,
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations,
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us;
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. Name and telephone number);
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 1 working day for this to take place.
If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving SMS text messages you can also text “MSG STOP” to 80039. It may take up to 1 working day for this to take place.
If you require any further guidance on your rights and the information we hold about you, please contact us.
Requesting a copy of your personal information
Under the GDPR, you may request a copy of any personal data about you held by us and we have up to 40 calendar days to respond.
The request must be in writing and must contain the following:
- Your name and postal address
- A telephone number where you can be reached
You must also provide:
- A photocopy of your passport or driving licence
- Your signature and the date of the request
- Signed authority from the individual whose data is required if you are applying on their behalf
If you wish to request a copy of any personal data about you and held by us, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
Requesting a copy of your personal information
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The GDPR also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1111.
Limitation of liability and disclaimer
The content on this website is for your general information only.
Any hypertext link to any other website is for information purposes only and such links do not constitute an endorsement by Regent Academy of any products and services advertised on such websites. The use of any link is entirely at your own risk and Regent Academy accepts no responsibility for the material on or the use of such websites.
Regent Academy has not attempted to verify the truth or accuracy of any material displayed on such websites.
All implied warranties are excluded in relation to your use and/or access of this website to the maximum extent that the law allows.
Regent Academy does not guarantee or warrant that the website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that may have contaminating or destructive properties. Regent Academy excludes any liability for any errors in or omissions from the content.