You can spread the cost of our course with Interest Free Credit on selected courses**.
£400Amount of credit
£16.6724 monthly payments of
(You will either receive a refund of 8p or only pay £495.)
This is exclusively available for a limited time by calling us on 01409 220 799.
Regent Academy of Fine Arts Limited is registered in England no. 2502592. Lyne Akres, Brandis Corner, Devon, EX22 7YH. Regent Academy is a trading name of Regent Academy of Fine Arts Limited. Regent Academy is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 774449 and acts as a credit broker and offers finance through the Deko platform, which is provided by Omni Capital Retail Finance Ltd. Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Reference number 720279. Credit is provided to UK residents with a UK bank account, subject to age and status.
Garden Design course
You can design beautiful gardens – here’s how
You want to get
the most from
your passion for
Enrol on ourGarden Design
course by calling0800 378 281
Start straight away,
learning where and
when suits you
Gain the skills to design
stunning gardens that are
a pleasure to spend time in,
and become a qualified
Everything you need to professionally design gardens
Our Garden Design course is suitable for beginners and will give you the knowledge and practical skills to design your ideal garden or start a rewarding career as a garden designer.
You will learn how to transform a plot into a stunning garden that is a pleasure to spend time in. You will discover how to choose and maintain the right plants for the garden, and create different garden design styles to suit the space and how it will be used. You will also find out how to add steps, paths, patios, ponds, rock gardens, fences and much more to create a perfect garden.
- Get the most from your passion for garden design – you could design your own beautiful garden admired by friends and family, as well as create stunning gardens for private clients, public parks, schools, and more.
- Learn from quality course materials created by experts and receive excellent tutor support – to help you achieve your goals.
- Skilled garden designers can earn £50 per hour1.
- Eliminate the demoralising, time-wasting and expensive mistakes of trial and error that many untrained garden designers endure.
- Successful learners are awarded the Regent Academy Diploma.
- No previous experience or knowledge is required to enrol on this course.
How the course works
This course consists of two parts:
- Intermediate Regent Academy Diploma in Garden Planning
- Advanced Regent Academy Diploma in Garden Planning
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol so you can start as soon as you want. You can then enjoy your course at your own pace, studying when it suits you and where it’s most comfortable. This gives you the freedom to learn around your existing job, family or other commitments or location (including overseas).
Course materials have been developed by experts and are clear and straightforward so your studying is easy and enjoyable.
All coursework questions are included within your course. As you complete each piece, simply send it to your tutor who will mark and return it along with valuable constructive feedback to help progress your skills further. (You can also contact your tutor or the support team for help at any point during your studies.) The remaining course materials will be sent to you as your coursework is completed.
We are proud of our friendly, caring ethos and aim to do all we can to help you succeed.
Our tutors are all experienced, qualified and passionate about sharing their love of their subject. You can phone or email your tutor throughout the course – to ask questions, for advice, encouragement or to draw on their wealth of knowledge.
You can also receive help from our student support team from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
What you will learn
Intermediate Regent Academy Diploma in Garden Planning - A 4-lesson study programme.
Lesson 1 - Garden Design and Planning
- Basic garden surveying
- Appraising a site
- Garden design planning principles
- Design styles
- Using hard and soft landscaping materials effectively
- Considering cohesive design
- Creating a safe environment
Lesson 2 - Plant Material Selection Establishment and Maintenance
- Practical techniques
- Choice of plants
- Garden ponds
- Lawns and turf
Lesson 3 - Outdoor Food Production - Vegetables and Fruit
- Selecting a site
- Cultural operations
- Vegetable crops
- Top and soft fruit crops
- Health, safety and environmental considerations
Lesson 4 - Horticultural Uses of Protected Environments
- Health, safety and environmental considerations
- Protective structures, their materials and their environment
- Purposes of the protected environment
- Caring for interior plants
Advanced Regent Academy Diploma in Garden Planning - A 4-lesson study programme.
Lesson 1 - Garden Design and Surveying
- Developing a client brief
- Conducting a site appraisal
- Basic survey techniques
- The principles of garden design
- The historical development of garden design styles
Lesson 2 - Landscaping Features
- The contribution of hard landscaping features to garden design
- The contribution of soft landscaping features to garden design
Lesson 3 - Realising a Garden Design
- Planning landscape works
- Practical procedures for setting out a site
- Groundwork procedures
- Materials and construction procedures for garden surfaces
- Construction of walls, fences and pergolas
Lesson 4 - Specialist Plantings and Elements
- Establishing and maintaining planting in specialist areas
- Pruning for the establishment and maintenance of specialist plantings
You are free to study when it suits you and your progress may therefore depend upon how much time you would like to commit to study. Many students are able to complete this course in approximately 9-18 months*.
* Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation.
Regent Academy Diploma
You will receive the Regent Academy Diploma when you successfully complete this course. With Regent Academy’s reputation this can be a highly sought-after addition to your CV and powerfully showcases your skills to prospective employers or potential clients.
- You could design wonderful gardens for private clients, public parks, schools and more.
- You could join a company as a garden designer.
- You could start a full-time or part-time career as a professional garden designer with your own business.
- You could complete garden planning or garden design projects, and even garden construction.
You do not need any previous knowledge or experience to enrol on this course.
Enrol now from £55
There are 3 ways you can enrol
- Pay the total course fee of £495 in one sum and also receive a special gift from our selection - free.
- Pay a deposit of just £55, followed by 10 instalments of £44
- Pay a deposit of just £55, followed by 24 instalments of £18.34** using Interest Free Credit (exclusively available by calling us on 01409 220 799)
1 Source: Based on real charges in the London area. Figures are intended as a guideline only.